- Today would be the perfect day for some cozy comfort food….and a tasty, homemade chicken pot pie is in the making! I don’t think I know anyone who doesn’t enjoy eating this creamy delicious recipe 😋
Here are the ingredients I used:
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts cubed
- 2 cups diced frozen mixed vegetables
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1/2 chopped sweet onion
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon each of salt, pepper, paprika, celery salt
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2/3 cup milk
- can cream of mushroom soup
- 2 unbaked pie crust
Preheat your oven to 450 degrees.
- In a lrg skillet, combine cubed chicken, frozen vegetables and chicken broth. Boil on medium high heat for about 13-15 minutes. Set aside.
- In a sauce pan over medium heat, sauté chopped onions in butter until translucent. Add salt, pepper, paprika, celery salt and flour. Add can of mushroom soup. Stir to combine. Add this mixture to skillet of chicken & vegetables.
- Place skillet with chicken/vegetable mixture over medium low heat until it thickens.
- I lined a square Pyrex dish with the uncooked pie dough but a pie dish would also work just as well….
- Pour the hot chicken/vegetable sauce mixture onto the bottom pie crust and then cover with top pie crust. Seal the pie crust edges together.
- Turn oven temperature down to 425 degrees and place pot pie into over for 30 – 40 minutes, or until the pastry is a nice golden brown and the sauce filling is bubbly.
- Remove from oven and let it rest for 10 – 15 minutes before serving.
Out of the oven…..Time to eat! And, let me tell you that this house is smelling wonderfully delicious…..yummmmmm……
I hope l’ve inspired you to create something tasty in your kitchen. If you try out this recipe, I’d love for you to post your thoughts and/or changes you make to this recipe. I love to cook as much as I love to sew and create greeting cards 😀
Have a terrific day full of things that make you smile…Thanks for stopping in. ❤️ ~ Barbara